Quantcast

x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

malloc meyer

Dear,

I am developing with IBPP on x64 linux and windows hosts. Using IBPP on a x64 windows LLP64 system leads to exceptions. The reason is a wrong definition of ISC_STATUS in the IBPP headers. IBPP defines ISC_STATUS for a LLP64 windows target only 32 bits width, but the fbclient API defines it 64 bit witdth.

My question ist, was there any version in past of the fbclient API for x64 windows which defines ISC_STATUS as a 32 bit integer ?

I can't belive that the current IBPP release source from 2007-02-21 has this bug in it since 10 years?

Regards, malloc

Re: x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

Dimitry Sibiryakov-3
23.03.2017 21:47, malloc meyer wrote:
> My question ist, was there any version in past of the fbclient API for x64 windows which defines ISC_STATUS as a 32 bit integer ?

   No. Status array contains (among other information) also pointers.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

Vlad Khorsun-2
23.03.2017 22:47, malloc meyer wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am developing with IBPP on x64 linux and windows hosts. Using IBPP on a x64 windows LLP64 system leads to exceptions.
 > The reason is a wrong definition of ISC_STATUS in the IBPP headers. IBPP defines ISC_STATUS for a LLP64 windows target
 > only 32 bits width, but the fbclient API defines it 64 bit witdth.
>
> My question ist, was there any version in past of the fbclient API for x64 windows which defines ISC_STATUS as a 32 bit integer ?

   Git show that it was defined as intptr_t since 2006-07-24, before that is was defined as long

> I can't belive that the current IBPP release source from 2007-02-21 has this bug in it since 10 years?

   It happens

Regards,
Vlad

Re: x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

malloc meyer

I identified that Firebird 1.5 and 2.0 defines ISC_STATUS as long, 2.1 and newer as intptr_t. Is there an easy way to ask the lib to which version it belongs?

ty, Malloc
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. März 2017 um 21:57 Uhr
Von: "Dimitry Sibiryakov" <[hidden email]>
An: "For discussion among Firebird Developers" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [Firebird-devel] x64 fblient.dll ISC_STATUS data type vs. lib version

25.03.2017 18:24, malloc meyer wrote:
> I identified that Firebird 1.5 and 2.0 defines ISC_STATUS as long, 2.1 and newer as
> intptr_t. Is there an easy way to ask the lib to which version it belongs?

   You don't need that. Always define ISC_STATUS as something of pointer size.

--
   WBR, SD.