special question Win 7 fb odbc

Olaf Kluge

Hello,

I use firebird 2.1 32 Bit cs on Server 2008.

On my pc (Win 7 64 Bit) I have installed Access 2010 32 Bit and the Firebird ODBC Driver 32 Bit. The Firebird Tables are linked to ms access. If I open a Form with a query the first time, the records were displayed in a short time. The second time it will take some more time. Other forms and querys will be slower after this.

For example, in Windows XP with Access 2003 and the firebird odbc driver the data are displayed much faster, every time!

If I install the Gemini ODBC Driver under Windows 7 64 Bit and with Access 2010, the records will open constant faster as with the firebird odbc driver.

What can I do? I have check this with the last and the previous Version of the firebird odbc driver. The Gemini driver will no longer be supported.

The extension of my database is gdb.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Olaf

Re: special question Win 7 fb odbc

Werner F. Bruhin
On 08/02/2013 08:50, Olaf Kluge wrote:

Hello,

I use firebird 2.1 32 Bit cs on Server 2008.

On my pc (Win 7 64 Bit) I have installed Access 2010 32 Bit and the Firebird ODBC Driver 32 Bit. The Firebird Tables are linked to ms access. If I open a Form with a query the first time, the records were displayed in a short time. The second time it will take some more time. Other forms and querys will be slower after this.

For example, in Windows XP with Access 2003 and the firebird odbc driver the data are displayed much faster, every time!

If I install the Gemini ODBC Driver under Windows 7 64 Bit and with Access 2010, the records will open constant faster as with the firebird odbc driver.

What can I do? I have check this with the last and the previous Version of the firebird odbc driver. The Gemini driver will no longer be supported.

The extension of my database is gdb.

That is the first thing to change.  Use ".fdb" as is recommended in many posts.  IIRC 'gdb' gets backed up by some windows "feature".

Werner

Re: special question Win 7 fb odbc

Olaf Kluge

Hello Werner,

[...]

Yes, I know. The database extension is unchanged for 10 years. But now I have change it for my test with exact the same result.

The queries are always slower even with this extension.

The newer Gemini driver (now tested) is slower than old but much faster than the firebird odbc one.

Thanks for your help.