Quantcast

firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc

firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc

Jan Bleiss
Hi,

I installed firebird 2.5 (32 bit) and the 32-bit Frebird odbc driver local on my machine today. I have created two users and one database successful. Now I try to connect the database to odbc. I have opened the Windows odbc admin tool (Windows 8.1 64 bit). I added the DNS, the localisation of database, my users name and the password. When I click on "test connection" I get the message "open database D:\FSM-FIREBIRD\FSMDB.FDB
failed". What could be the reason for that.

Thank you, kind regards
Jan

jan.vcf (307 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc

Woody-2
If you installed the 32 bit version ODBC, then you have to go to the 32 bit ODBC driver configuration of Windows by executing c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe on the run menu.

If you use the control panel, you are using the 64 bit ODBC and it won’t work that way.

HTH,

Woody

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:36 AM
Subject: [Firebird-odbc-devel] firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc

Hi,

I installed firebird 2.5 (32 bit) and the 32-bit Frebird odbc driver local on my machine today. I have created two users and one database successful. Now I try to connect the database to odbc. I have opened the Windows odbc admin tool (Windows 8.1 64 bit). I added the DNS, the localisation of database, my users name and the password. When I click on "test connection" I get the message "open database D:\FSM-FIREBIRD\FSMDB.FDB
failed". What could be the reason for that.

Thank you, kind regards
Jan

Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc

Jan Bleiss
Thanks a lot, I am connected ;-) (BTW the next questions lurk beneath
the surface :-D )

Regards, Jan

Am 14.10.2014 18:47, schrieb Woody:
> If you installed the 32 bit version ODBC, then you have to go to the 32 bit ODBC driver configuration of Windows by executing c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe on the run menu.
>
> If you use the control panel, you are using the 64 bit ODBC and it won’t work that way.
>
> HTH,
>
> Woody

jan.vcf (422 bytes) Download Attachment