fbtrace.conf format

Jiří Činčura-2
Hi *,

I realized the fbtrace.conf has new format in FB3. Is the old one still
supported (because that's what the .NET provider is currently using - I
was not expecting this to be change "just because we can")?

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Re: fbtrace.conf format

firebird-devel mailing list
14.07.2017 11:02, Jiří Činčura wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I realized the fbtrace.conf has new format in FB3. Is the old one still
> supported (because that's what the .NET provider is currently using - I
> was not expecting this to be change "just because we can")?

   In FB3 we used same configuration files format for all config files:
firebird.conf, databases.conf, fbtrace.conf, etc. So, no - old format is
not supported (and it was not the change "just because we can")

Regards,
Vlad

Re: fbtrace.conf format

Jiří Činčura-2
>    In FB3 we used same configuration files format for all config files:
> firebird.conf, databases.conf, fbtrace.conf, etc. So, no - old format is
> not supported (and it was not the change "just because we can")

What a pity. The trace format was contract between the server and
client. And that contract is now broken.