does libedit support utf-8 ?

Mariuz
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-362

SQL> connect "employee.fdb" user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
Database:  "employee.fdb", User: SYSDBA

compiled with system-editline
i can't paste, it doesn't accept for the moment utf-8 chars

SQL> select * from employee where first_name = 'ő'

in the cvs seems that is already in the code but is not enabled

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libedit/?sortby=date#dirlist

Re: does libedit support utf-8 ?

Philippe Makowski
marius adrian popa  [2010-10-27 15.15] :
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-362

> i can't paste, it doesn't accept for the moment utf-8 chars

there is one way to deal with that, it is to use the command EDIT

SQL> connect "employee.fdb" user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
Database:  "employee.fdb", User: SYSDBA

SQL>EDIT;

it will open your default editor
and then you can type
 select * from employee where first_name = 'ő'

Re: [pkg-firebird-general] does libedit support utf-8 ?

Damyan Ivanov-5
-=| marius adrian popa, Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 04:15:27PM +0300 |=-
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-362
>
> SQL> connect "employee.fdb" user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
> Database:  "employee.fdb", User: SYSDBA
>
> compiled with system-editline
> i can't paste, it doesn't accept for the moment utf-8 chars
>
> SQL> select * from employee where first_name = 'ő'

> in the cvs seems that is already in the code but is not enabled
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libedit/?sortby=date#dirlist

There is already a 6-months old Debian bug for upgrading libedit:
http://bugs.debian.org/579729

Re: does libedit support utf-8 ?

Philippe Makowski
marius adrian popa  [2010-10-27 15.15] :
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-362

http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/
enable utf8 support
in latest version only

Re: does libedit support utf-8 ?

Adriano dos Santos Fernandes-3
On 27-10-2010 12:17, Philippe Makowski wrote:

> marius adrian popa  [2010-10-27 15.15] :
>> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-362
>
>> i can't paste, it doesn't accept for the moment utf-8 chars
>
> there is one way to deal with that, it is to use the command EDIT
>
> SQL> connect "employee.fdb" user 'SYSDBA' password 'masterkey';
> Database:  "employee.fdb", User: SYSDBA
>
> SQL>EDIT;
>
> it will open your default editor
> and then you can type
>  select * from employee where first_name = 'ő'

I can enter accents in UTF-8 with standard build, using this:

export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libreadline.so.6

Adriano