Quantcast

building head with visual studio 2008 (vc9)

building head with visual studio 2008 (vc9)

Mariuz
Any news on backporting for the vc9 solutions on 2.1.x ?

I have noted that vc9 is not detected in setenvvar.bat

so for the moment i have forced them there

@SET MSVC_VERSION=9
@SET VS_VER=msvc9

after that all went ok
make_icu.bat
make_boot.bat
make_all.bat

all went ok minus fbcpl

========== Build: 36 succeeded, 1 failed, 7 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

33>------ Build started: Project: fb2control, Configuration: Release
Win32 ------
33>Compiling...
33>stdafx.cpp
33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
33>services.cpp
30>Compiling...
30>eval.cpp
33>FBPanel.cpp
33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
33>FBDialog.cpp
33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
33>FBControl.cpp
33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
33>ctrlpan.cpp
33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
33>Generating Code...

Re: building head with visual studio 2008 (vc9)

Lester Caine
marius adrian popa wrote:

> Any news on backporting for the vc9 solutions on 2.1.x ?
>
> I have noted that vc9 is not detected in setenvvar.bat
>

> so for the moment i have forced them there
>
> @SET MSVC_VERSION=9
> @SET VS_VER=msvc9
>

> after that all went ok
> make_icu.bat
> make_boot.bat
> make_all.bat
>

> all went ok minus fbcpl
>
> ========== Build: 36 succeeded, 1 failed, 7 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>
> 33>------ Build started: Project: fb2control, Configuration: Release
> Win32 ------
> 33>Compiling...
> 33>stdafx.cpp
> 33>c:\firebird-head\src\utilities\fbcpl\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error
> C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory

THAT looks like the same problem I have ... Express version of VC9 does
not allow compilation of any visual elements, you have to buy and
install the full version. But I've seen some reports that simply
installing over the top does not always work. It took me three attempts
just to get the Express version loaded, and the full version seems to be
equally flaky on the installer. So if you do have the full version, it
may not have actually flagged that it is .... and may still be
pretending to be the Express one.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL