Wrong Link on Firebird website

Stefan Heymann-3

Sent this on to Alexey yesterday but I see that it has not been fixed yet....

>From Stefan Heymann:

On the Firebird website, when you go to "Downloads" and then, under
the "Server Packages" title, click on the "Server Packages" Link, you
are forwarded to
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/server-packages/
which still links the old 26539 build of Firebird 2.5.2.
Only when you click on "Firebird 2.5" in the navigation on the left
side, you get the new 26540 build.

Regards

Stefan

--
Stefan Heymann
Consic Software Engineering

Telefon  +49 (0)7071 407105-55
Telefax  +49 (0)7071 407105-99
Mobil    +49 (0)172 6433317
E-Mail   [hidden email]
www.consic.de

Re: Wrong Link on Firebird website

Alexey Kovyazin-2
Hi Stefan,

Please hit Ctrl-F5 to renew the page and also please check your
anti-spam folder.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin

> Sent this on to Alexey yesterday but I see that it has not been fixed yet....
>
> >From Stefan Heymann:
>
> On the Firebird website, when you go to "Downloads" and then, under
> the "Server Packages" title, click on the "Server Packages" Link, you
> are forwarded to
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/server-packages/
> which still links the old 26539 build of Firebird 2.5.2.
> Only when you click on "Firebird 2.5" in the navigation on the left
> side, you get the new 26540 build.
>

> Regards
>
> Stefan

Re: Wrong Link on Firebird website

Mark Rotteveel-2
On 28-5-2013 21:24, Stefan Heymann (by way of Helen Borrie
<[hidden email]>) wrote:

> Sent this on to Alexey yesterday but I see that it has not been fixed yet....
>
>>From Stefan Heymann:
>
> On the Firebird website, when you go to "Downloads" and then, under
> the "Server Packages" title, click on the "Server Packages" Link, you
> are forwarded to
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/server-packages/
> which still links the old 26539 build of Firebird 2.5.2.
> Only when you click on "Firebird 2.5" in the navigation on the left
> side, you get the new 26540 build.

That page links to 2.5.2 Update 1 for me. I know this used to be a
problem though, maybe the way the page is cached doesn't signal to the
browser there is a newer version?

I know it used to be wrong though, as I reported the same issue on the
4th of April here and in Firebird-admins, but AFAIK it got fixed then.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel