Trace no returning any data

Jiří Činčura-2
Hi *,

I have this fbtrace.conf file:
database
{
        enabled = true
        log_connections = true
        log_statement_prepare = true
        log_statement_start = true
        log_statement_finish = true
        time_threshold = 0
}

And I'm starting the trace using fbsvcmgr: .\fbsvcmgr service_mgr
action_trace_start trc_name "test" trc_cfg fbtrace.conf

Although I get back "Trace session ID 1 started" I never get any
statement or connection, despite executing and connecting using isql as
hard as I can.

Am I missing something?

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Re: Trace no returning any data

firebird-devel mailing list
14.07.2017 11:01, Jiří Činčura wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> I have this fbtrace.conf file:
> database
> {
> enabled = true
> log_connections = true
> log_statement_prepare = true
> log_statement_start = true
> log_statement_finish = true
> time_threshold = 0
> }
>
> And I'm starting the trace using fbsvcmgr: .\fbsvcmgr service_mgr
> action_trace_start trc_name "test" trc_cfg fbtrace.conf
>
> Although I get back "Trace session ID 1 started" I never get any
> statement or connection, despite executing and connecting using isql as
> hard as I can.
>
> Am I missing something?

   What Firebird account you used to run trace ?

Regards,
Vlad

Re: Trace no returning any data

Jiří Činčura-2
>    What Firebird account you used to run trace ?

I haven't specified any username/password. The command line I posted is
all I executed.

14.07.2017 11:26, Jiří Činčura wrote:
>>     What Firebird account you used to run trace ?
>
> I haven't specified any username/password. The command line I posted is
> all I executed.

   It uses your OS user name (i guess) and thus it can't trace sessions of other
users. Specify correct user credentials and it should work.

Regards,
Vlad

Re: Trace no returning any data

Jiří Činčura-2
>    It uses your OS user name (i guess) and thus it can't trace sessions
>    of other
> users. Specify correct user credentials and it should work.

No luck. I tried both ".\fbsvcmgr service_mgr user sysdba password
masterkey action_trace_start trc_name ..." and ".\fbsvcmgr service_mgr
-user sysdba -password masterkey action_trace_start trc_name ...". Any
other idea?

It's vanilla 3.0.2 x64 downloaded from SF.

14.07.2017 12:14, Jiří Činčura wrote:
>>     It uses your OS user name (i guess) and thus it can't trace sessions
>>     of other
>> users. Specify correct user credentials and it should work.
>
> No luck. I tried both ".\fbsvcmgr service_mgr user sysdba password
> masterkey action_trace_start trc_name ..." and ".\fbsvcmgr service_mgr
> -user sysdba -password masterkey action_trace_start trc_name ...". Any
> other idea?

   Seems it runs in embedded mode and see itself only :)

Try using xnet://service_mgr or inet://service_mgr

fbsvcmgr xnet://service_mgr user sysdba password masterkey
   action_trace_start trc_name <...> trc_cfg <...>

Regards,
Vlad

Re: Trace no returning any data

Jiří Činčura-2
>    Seems it runs in embedded mode and see itself only :)
>
> Try using xnet://service_mgr or inet://service_mgr

Yes, that works. Maybe worth putting this into docs?