The contribute page is gone

Mark Rotteveel-2
The URL http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution/ no
longer works and simply points to the main page. It used to show:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160430053613/http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution

Is this omission intentional, or otherwise can this URL be made to
redirect to the right location?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Re: The contribute page is gone

Dmitry Yemanov-3
06.11.2016 16:23, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> The URL http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution/ no
> longer works and simply points to the main page. It used to show:
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20160430053613/http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution
>
> Is this omission intentional, or otherwise can this URL be made to
> redirect to the right location?

AFAIK, this is intentional (new design doesn't have helper tabs anymore).

Dmitry

On 2016-11-06 19:19, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

> 06.11.2016 16:23, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
>
>> The URL http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution/ no
>> longer works and simply points to the main page. It used to show:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20160430053613/http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/consider-your-contribution
>>
>> Is this omission intentional, or otherwise can this URL be made to
>> redirect to the right location?
>
> AFAIK, this is intentional (new design doesn't have helper tabs
> anymore).

Technically it wasn't a tab, that was just the 'UI' that was used on
those three pages. We currently, as far as I can tell, no longer have a
page to point to for people who want to contribute in some way; there
are only the 'sponsor' and 'donate' pages, which isn't all types of
contribution mentioned on the old page.

I have been pointing to it from the Jaybird release notes for the past
few years, and now it gets you nowhere near its intended goal. Can it be
reinstated in some way, and otherwise be made to redirect to
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/community/ as that seems to be a better
page than the main page for this goal.

Mark