SQLGetData and bookmarks while using OpenOffice.org

SQLGetData and bookmarks while using OpenOffice.org

Ocke Janssen
Hi,

My name is Ocke Janssen, I'm the project lead of the dba.openoffice.org
project and I got a problem ;-)

While trying to fetch bookmarks I crash inside the newest ODBC version
of Firebird.

      KernelBase.dll!74edb727()
      [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded
for KernelBase.dll]
      KernelBase.dll!74edb727()
      OdbcFb.dll!_CxxThrowException(void * pExceptionObject=0x00cfbfe4,
const _s__ThrowInfo * pThrowInfo=0x0df9f060)  Line 161    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::Sqlda::getSqlTypeName()  + 0x23b bytes
   C++
      OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::Sqlda::getColumnTypeName()  + 0x2b bytes
    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::IscStatementMetaData::getSqlTypeName()
+ 0x16 bytes    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcDesc::defFromMetaDataOut()  + 0xd5
bytes    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcStatement::prepareGetData()  +
0x3a bytes    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcStatement::sqlGetData()  + 0x1e3
bytes    C++
      OdbcFb.dll!_SQLGetData@24()  + 0x60 bytes    C++
      odbc32.dll!5899b7bf()

odbcbasemi.dll!connectivity::odbc::OTools::getBytesValue(connectivity::odbc::OConnection
* _pConnection=0x09978674, void * _aStatementHandle=0x011125b0, long
columnIndex=0, short _fSqlType=-2, unsigned char & _bWasNull='', const
com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::uno::XInterface> &
_xInterface={...})  Line 494 + 0x3a bytes    C++

odbcbasemi.dll!connectivity::odbc::OResultSet::move(connectivity::IResultSetHelper::Movement
_eCursorPosition=FIRST, long _nOffset=0, unsigned char __formal='')
Line 1657 + 0x6e bytes    C++

The SQL_ATTR_USE_BOOKMARKS is VARIABLE (2) and the type which I use for
SQLGetaData is -2(SQL_C_VARBOOKMARK)

Do you have any hint what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,

Ocke Janssen

--
<http://www.oracle.com/>
Ocke Janssen | Software Developer

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment>

Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help
protect the environment

Re: SQLGetData and bookmarks while using OpenOffice.org

Alexander Potapchenko-2
On 27.01.2011 10:58, Ocke Janssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Ocke Janssen, I'm the project lead of the dba.openoffice.org
> project and I got a problem ;-)
>
> While trying to fetch bookmarks I crash inside the newest ODBC version
> of Firebird.
>

>        KernelBase.dll!74edb727()
>        [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded
> for KernelBase.dll]
>        KernelBase.dll!74edb727()
>        OdbcFb.dll!_CxxThrowException(void * pExceptionObject=0x00cfbfe4,
> const _s__ThrowInfo * pThrowInfo=0x0df9f060)  Line 161    C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::Sqlda::getSqlTypeName()  + 0x23b bytes
>     C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::Sqlda::getColumnTypeName()  + 0x2b bytes
>      C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!IscDbcLibrary::IscStatementMetaData::getSqlTypeName()
> + 0x16 bytes    C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcDesc::defFromMetaDataOut()  + 0xd5
> bytes    C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcStatement::prepareGetData()  +
> 0x3a bytes    C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!OdbcJdbcLibrary::OdbcStatement::sqlGetData()  + 0x1e3
> bytes    C++
>        OdbcFb.dll!_SQLGetData@24()  + 0x60 bytes    C++
>        odbc32.dll!5899b7bf()
>   >
> odbcbasemi.dll!connectivity::odbc::OTools::getBytesValue(connectivity::odbc::OConnection
> * _pConnection=0x09978674, void * _aStatementHandle=0x011125b0, long
> columnIndex=0, short _fSqlType=-2, unsigned char&  _bWasNull='', const
> com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::uno::XInterface>  &
> _xInterface={...})  Line 494 + 0x3a bytes    C++
>
> odbcbasemi.dll!connectivity::odbc::OResultSet::move(connectivity::IResultSetHelper::Movement
> _eCursorPosition=FIRST, long _nOffset=0, unsigned char __formal='')
> Line 1657 + 0x6e bytes    C++
>
> The SQL_ATTR_USE_BOOKMARKS is VARIABLE (2) and the type which I use for
> SQLGetaData is -2(SQL_C_VARBOOKMARK)
>
> Do you have any hint what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ocke Janssen

Hi Ocke,

Do you use Firebird ODBC driver 2.0.0.150 RC2 32-bit?
Do you have any idea how I can reproduce your problem quickly (via
openoffice or C++ example)?
I have tried to reproduce the problem with IBExpert/ODBC Viewer (it uses
SQLFetchScroll/SQLGetData), but it works fine.

Regards,
Alexander
--
Alexander Potapchenko
Lead developer

Re: SQLGetData and bookmarks while using OpenOffice.org

Ocke Janssen
Hi Alexander,

> Hi Ocke,
>
> Do you use Firebird ODBC driver 2.0.0.150 RC2 32-bit?
> Do you have any idea how I can reproduce your problem quickly (via
> openoffice or C++ example)?
> I have tried to reproduce the problem with IBExpert/ODBC Viewer (it uses
> SQLFetchScroll/SQLGetData), but it works fine.
I upload a debug version for Windows on
ftp://qa-upload.services.openoffice.org/dba34d/OOo_DEV300m96_Win_x86_install-arc_en-US.zip

You have to start sbase.exe and choose ODBC in the lowest listbox.
- Choose your db and press finish and store the odb file somewhere
- The tables folder will automatically selected
- But there are no tables (may a config problem on my side, I used
odbctest from MS and call SQLTables results only in 3 system tables and
nothing more) :-(
- Go to the queries and create one ( select the "Create Query in SQL View"
- Enter a simple "select * from your_table_name"
- Run it
=> Crash

I'm using 2.0.0.150 RC2 64-bit.

- oj

On 27.01.2011 13:44, Ocke Janssen wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
> I upload a debug version for Windows on
> ftp://qa-upload.services.openoffice.org/dba34d/OOo_DEV300m96_Win_x86_install-arc_en-US.zip
>
> You have to start sbase.exe and choose ODBC in the lowest listbox.
> - Choose your db and press finish and store the odb file somewhere
> - The tables folder will automatically selected
> - But there are no tables (may a config problem on my side, I used
> odbctest from MS and call SQLTables results only in 3 system tables and
> nothing more) :-(
You must use usr/pwd - SYSDBA/masterkey in DSN settings. The trusted
authentication is fixed for 2.0 release.
> - Go to the queries and create one ( select the "Create Query in SQL View"
> - Enter a simple "select * from your_table_name"
> - Run it
> =>  Crash

I have tried to execute select * from EMPLOYEE (upper case) and it works
fine with Firebird 2.5 and SQL dialect 3.
The query - select * from employee returns SQL_ERROR (TABLE unknow)
because your application generates query - select * from "employee" - it
is wrong for Firebird server with dialect 3.
You can use select * from "EMPLOYEE" - but this question for Firebird
server developers.
I don't see crash. I do something wrong?

> I'm using 2.0.0.150 RC2 64-bit.
>
> - oj
Your application is 32-bit and it uses 32-bit driver properly, 64-bit
windows installer of the Firebird ODBC driver installs 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers.

Regards,
Alexander

On 27.01.2011 12:55, Alexander Potapchenko wrote:

> On 27.01.2011 13:44, Ocke Janssen wrote:
>> Hi Alexander,
>> I upload a debug version for Windows on
>> ftp://qa-upload.services.openoffice.org/dba34d/OOo_DEV300m96_Win_x86_install-arc_en-US.zip
>>
>> You have to start sbase.exe and choose ODBC in the lowest listbox.
>> - Choose your db and press finish and store the odb file somewhere
>> - The tables folder will automatically selected
>> - But there are no tables (may a config problem on my side, I used
>> odbctest from MS and call SQLTables results only in 3 system tables and
>> nothing more) :-(
> You must use usr/pwd - SYSDBA/masterkey in DSN settings. The trusted
> authentication is fixed for 2.0 release.
>> - Go to the queries and create one ( select the "Create Query in SQL View"
>> - Enter a simple "select * from your_table_name"
>> - Run it
>> =>   Crash
>>
> I have tried to execute select * from EMPLOYEE (upper case) and it works
> fine with Firebird 2.5 and SQL dialect 3.
> The query - select * from employee returns SQL_ERROR (TABLE unknow)
> because your application generates query - select * from "employee" - it
> is wrong for Firebird server with dialect 3.
> You can use select * from "EMPLOYEE" - but this question for Firebird
> server developers.
> I don't see crash. I do something wrong?
I found the difference. Since I log in sysdba I see the tables I created.

While in Office go to the menu Edit->Database->AdvancedSettings
in the dialog select the 2nd page and check the last entry ("Ignore the
result set type" the text is wrong it should be respect and not ignore:-)
Save/Close file and reopen it.
Double click on the table => crash.

- oj

On 27.01.2011 15:27, Ocke Janssen wrote:
> I found the difference. Since I log in sysdba I see the tables I created.
>
> While in Office go to the menu Edit->Database->AdvancedSettings
> in the dialog select the 2nd page and check the last entry ("Ignore the
> result set type" the text is wrong it should be respect and not ignore:-)
> Save/Close file and reopen it.
> Double click on the table =>  crash.

Reproduced. It is SQLGetData bug with column number 0 (if bookmarks are
enabled).
The Firebird bug tracker is not available now -
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa and I will create
issue when this problem will be solved.

Regards
Alexander

On 27.01.2011 16:48, Alexander Potapchenko wrote:
> Reproduced. It is SQLGetData bug with column number 0 (if bookmarks
> are enabled).
> The Firebird bug tracker is not available now -
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa and I will create
> issue when this problem will be solved.
>

> Regards
> Alexander
Hi Ocke,

I have created the issue -
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC-106 and I have attached the
fixed driver for your testing there.

Regards,
Alexander

On 28.01.2011 10:29, Alexander Potapchenko wrote:

> On 27.01.2011 16:48, Alexander Potapchenko wrote:
>> Reproduced. It is SQLGetData bug with column number 0 (if bookmarks
>> are enabled).
>> The Firebird bug tracker is not available now -
>> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa and I will create
>> issue when this problem will be solved.
>>

>> Regards
>> Alexander
> Hi Ocke,
>
> I have created the issue -
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC-106 and I have attached the
> fixed driver for your testing there.
Thanks for the fast fix. It works. Now I stumble about the next problem
when I try to insert a row. But that's another story I have to debug.
All I get is a error message which include only wild characters.

Best regards,

Ocke