SQLColumns() and transaction

Dimitry Sibiryakov-3
   Hello, All.

   Should call of SQLColumns() start transaction?

   I wonder because now with auto-commit mode off, this call _does_ start transaction and
following call of SQLDisconnect() without SQLEndTran() return 25000 error code.
   It is not clear for me from ODBC docs whether SQLColumns() is "an SQL statement that
can be contained within a transaction" or not.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: SQLColumns() and transaction

Alexander Potapchenko-2
Hi Dimitry,

SQLColumns() gets data from system tables and it starts transaction of
course and therefore If auto-commit mode off, driver considers that this
transaction remains active.

08.10.2013 9:21, Alexander Potapchenko wrote:
> SQLColumns() gets data from system tables and it starts transaction of
> course and therefore If auto-commit mode off, driver considers that this
> transaction remains active.

   But the question is whether it should start connection-wide transaction or a local one.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: SQLColumns() and transaction

Alexander Potapchenko-2
I think such functions should start local transactions, but in current
implementation that's not so.
You can add this issue into the bug tracker.