Quality Assurance Project Status

Luca Benini
Hi All (if there's someone :) )

I've a question: Is the Firebird QA project live or dead?
I wasn't able to find nothing more recent than 2 years and also the
empty page "List of Tests" on web sites doesn't look very promising

Luca

Re: Quality Assurance Project Status

Pavel Cisar
Dne 17.2.2012 15:11, Luca Benini napsal(a):
> Hi All (if there's someone :) )
>
> I've a question: Is the Firebird QA project live or dead?
> I wasn't able to find nothing more recent than 2 years and also the
> empty page "List of Tests" on web sites doesn't look very promising

Firebird QA it's pretty much alive and kicking :) Empty list of tests is
an artefact of migration to new test system and migration of Firebird
website to new platform as well. All QA tools and tests are in project's
Subversion repository, module QA, current suite is fbtest. This list is
dormant as QA team communication is mostly direct or in Admin group
(reports), this list is for communication between QA team and public.
Seems that nobody was interested to intercept QA team through it for
long time :)

best regards
Pavel Cisar
Firebird QA Team
IBPhoenix

Re: Quality Assurance Project Status

Mark Rotteveel-2
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:42:40 +0100, Pavel Cisar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dne 17.2.2012 15:11, Luca Benini napsal(a):
>> Hi All (if there's someone :) )
>>
>> I've a question: Is the Firebird QA project live or dead?
>> I wasn't able to find nothing more recent than 2 years and also the
>> empty page "List of Tests" on web sites doesn't look very promising
>
> Firebird QA it's pretty much alive and kicking :) Empty list of tests is
> an artefact of migration to new test system and migration of Firebird
> website to new platform as well. All QA tools and tests are in project's
> Subversion repository, module QA, current suite is fbtest. This list is
> dormant as QA team communication is mostly direct or in Admin group
> (reports), this list is for communication between QA team and public.
> Seems that nobody was interested to intercept QA team through it for
> long time :)

I think it is more that for most people this setup and intent of this list
was not known; the silence on the mailinglist at least does not inspire to
participate ;)

Mark

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Mark Rotteveel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think it is more that for most people this setup and intent of this list
> was not known; the silence on the mailinglist at least does not inspire to
> participate ;)

Not only to partecipate (and eventually contribute) but can also
discourage the adoption (well I'll admit I worked too much in
"*-critical" sector).
Anyhow this weekend I've already planned an  exploration of the codebase...