ODBC regsvr32 LoadLibrary not found

Werner F. Bruhin
Hi,

I have an InnoSetup installer which installs besides by application also
the FB ODBC driver, in case users want to access the db from e.g.
LibreOffice.

On some machines I get the following error when the installer runs:

LoadLibrary(c:\windows\system32\odbcfb.dll -s) failed to load

On MS site a possible reason could be that a dependency is not present.

But I doubt that is the reason as when I run the following manually, it
works.

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\odbcfb.dll

Any pointers what might be wrong?

Werner

Re: ODBC regsvr32 LoadLibrary not found

Werner F. Bruhin
Hi,

Got a solution on the InnoSetup list.  I had a quote to many.

But I also learned about the "regserver" flag which is a much better way
of handling the registration in an InnoSetup installer.

Werner