Not able to choose Firebird ADO.Net Data provider as data source in VS2015

Not able to choose Firebird ADO.Net Data provider as data source in VS2015

Widmer, Rico (M&F Engineering AG)

Hallo everybody

I am struggling creating a Firebird connection in Visual Studio 2015. I have a C# class library with which I would like to connect to a Firebird database. I installed these plugins from NuGet:

enter image description here

But when I try to add a new Item "ADO.NET Entity Data Model" with "EF Designer from database", the Firebird connection is not listed:
enter image description here

I installed as well the “FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient-4.10.0.0.msi” package from http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/additional-downloads/ just in case an entry in the machine.config file is needed.

The "FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" reference exists in the Visual Studio project.

The entry in the App.config file is:

<DbProviderFactories>

      <remove invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />

      <add name="FirebirdClient Data Provider" invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Firebird" type="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FirebirdClientFactory, FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />

</DbProviderFactories>

Can anybody help me with this issue? How can I create a database connection to my Firebird database?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Rico

Re: Not able to choose Firebird ADO.Net Data provider as data source in VS2015

Mark Rotteveel-2
As I also posted on stackoverflow, you need to install the DDEX provider as well. I tested that yesterday and it worked for me.

Mark

Re: Not able to choose Firebird ADO.Net Data provider as data source in VS2015

Widmer, Rico (M&F Engineering AG)

Hi Mark

Thank you for your fast response here and on StackOverflow.

I had installed the version 3.0.1 of de DDEX instead of 3.0.2. Now it works. Sorry about this.

Regards,

Rico