MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

Carsten Ulrich
Hello,
I want to open a table where the primary key is a varchar(50) Column
with charset utf8. MS Access (2010) shows the Value #deleted for all
columns. If I change the charset of the primary key column to ISO8859_1
it works.

I use ODBC driver version 2.00.00.151

Thanks
Carsten

Re: MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

Henner Kollmann
This is a problem using UTF-8.

It's described here:

http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.

I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
driver for MS Access".

This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.

Regards,
Henner

Jorge Andrés Brugger
Hi.

I´m using 2.0.3.154 odbc driver and a similar issue.

Was the patch merged into ODBC driver?

Thanks!

El 23/05/2011 08:50 a.m., Henner Kollmann escribió:

> This is a problem using UTF-8.
>
> It's described here:
>
> http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.
>

> I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
> and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
> driver for MS Access".
>
> This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.
>
> Regards,
> Henner

Jorge Andrés Brugger
Departamento de Informática
DASU - Obra Social del Personal de la Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina
Teléfono (0297) 446-4444 int. 103
Correo electrónico: [hidden email]
Website: www.dasu.com.ar

"No podemos resolver problemas pensando de la misma manera que cuando los creamos" (Albert Einstein)

--
Antes de imprimir este mensaje, piense si es verdaderamente necesario hacerlo.

Re: MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

Alexander Potapchenko-2
Hi,

There is no universal patch for Firebird ODBC driver now.
I made special build here - http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC-124.

On 09.02.2015 18:57, Jorge Andrés Brugger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I´m using 2.0.3.154 odbc driver and a similar issue.
>
> Was the patch merged into ODBC driver?
>
> Thanks!
>
> El 23/05/2011 08:50 a.m., Henner Kollmann escribió:
>> This is a problem using UTF-8.
>>
>> It's described here:
>>
>> http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.
>>

>> I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
>> and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
>> driver for MS Access".
>>
>> This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Henner

Alexander Potapchenko
Team leader
LASP Technologies, http://www.lasptech.ru

Re: MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

Jorge Andrés Brugger
Thanks Alexander.

The patched driver works with Win7 and Access 2013.

I know it´s a MS Access issue, but there is any chance to integrate the
"fix" someway in Firebird ODBC driver?

Regards!

El 10/02/2015 04:11 a.m., Alexander Potapchenko escribió:

> Hi,
>
> There is no universal patch for Firebird ODBC driver now.
> I made special build here - http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC-124.
>
> On 09.02.2015 18:57, Jorge Andrés Brugger wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I´m using 2.0.3.154 odbc driver and a similar issue.
>>
>> Was the patch merged into ODBC driver?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> El 23/05/2011 08:50 a.m., Henner Kollmann escribió:
>>> This is a problem using UTF-8.
>>>
>>> It's described here:
>>>
>>> http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.
>>>

>>> I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
>>> and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
>>> driver for MS Access".
>>>
>>> This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Henner

"El verdadero modo de no saber nada es aprenderlo todo a la vez." (George Sand)

--
Antes de imprimir este mensaje, piense si es verdaderamente necesario hacerlo.

Re: MS Access #deleted with varchar UTF8 primary key

Alexander Potapchenko-2
Jorge,

It is a not priority improvement at this moment, but I can build special
installers with this fix for a while.