LangRef 2.5beta1 - a few suggestions /3

Aage Johansen

Ch.5  Data Definition (DDL) Statements

p.87
PRIMARY KEY
The PRIMARY KEY constraint is built on a field with the NOT NULL
constraint specified for it and requires the column values to be unique.

Maybe something like:
The PRIMARY KEY constraint is built on one or more fields (all with
the NOT NULL constraint specified) and requires the value (of the
combined columns) to be unique.

p.95
7. Creating a transaction-scoped global temporary table that uses a
foreign key to reference a connection-scoped global temporary table.
The ON COMMIT sub-clause is optional because it is the default.

Maybe the last sentence could be:
The ON COMMIT sub-clause is optional here because DELETE ROWS is the default.

p.97
Table 5.8. ALTER TABLE Statement Parameters
The pagebreak reveal an akward split between the parameter
'collation" and its description.
This may be a pdf artifact, but I'm using "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC,
2015 Release | Version 2015.010.20660".

After the table:
... inserting/dropping columns and constraints ...
Maybe change this to ... adding/dropping columns and constraints ...

Aage J.

Re: LangRef 2.5beta1 - a few suggestions /3

firebirdlists
Hello Aage,

Friday, April 1, 2016, 10:28:51 AM, you wrote:

> p.97
> Table 5.8. ALTER TABLE Statement Parameters
> The pagebreak reveal an akward split between the parameter
> 'collation" and its description.
> This may be a pdf artifact, but I'm using "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC,
> 2015 Release | Version 2015.010.20660".

No, it's not a "PDF artifact" but the way the formatter handles
vertical alignment in table rows.  That is, it's not your reader that
has the problem, but the PDF itself.  I've changed the VI for that row
to "bottom".  Let's see in the next build whether that improves
anything.

Thanks.  Hope you're recovering well from whatever landed you in the
Big House!

Cheers,
Helen