Quantcast

INDEX ON SYSTEM RELATIONS

Roman Simakov-2
Hi!

Now FB3 prohibits operations like

SQL> create index RDB$USER_PRIV_REL_USER on
RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES(RDB$RELATION_NAME,RDB$USER);
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000
unsuccessful metadata update
-CREATE INDEX RDB$USER_PRIV_REL_USER failed
-no permission for ALTER access to TABLE RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES

I guess we can allow this. If there are no objections I'll fix it.

--
Roman Simakov

Re: INDEX ON SYSTEM RELATIONS

Alex Peshkoff
On 03/29/17 13:52, Roman Simakov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now FB3 prohibits operations like
>
> SQL> create index RDB$USER_PRIV_REL_USER on
> RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES(RDB$RELATION_NAME,RDB$USER);
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000
> unsuccessful metadata update
> -CREATE INDEX RDB$USER_PRIV_REL_USER failed
> -no permission for ALTER access to TABLE RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES
>
> I guess we can allow this. If there are no objections I'll fix it.

What reasons to let users do such things?
If databases are missing required index on system tables let's better
add it to next release.