How to report retest results efficiently

How to report retest results efficiently

Robbert-Jan
Hi,
I’ve started testing FB 3.0 beta, starting with retesting those issues I’ve reported myself during alpha-release testing.

I’ve read some guidelines on the Firebird website about how to report issues efficiently, but now I’m wandering, how should I report my retest results in the Jira FB tracker?

If the test results are okay:
- should I add a comment that the test results are okay?
- should I ask someone (who?) to close the issue, or is “resolved” already the desired end status of an issue?

If the test results are not okay:
- should I start a new issue (referencing to the old issue), or should I add a comment to the issue?

Kind regards,
Robert NL

Re: How to report retest results efficiently

philippe makowski-3
Le 23/10/14 11:13, Robbert-Jan a écrit :
> If the test results are okay: - should I add a comment that the test
> results are okay? - should I ask someone (who?) to close the issue,
> or is “resolved” already the desired end status of an issue?

"resolved" is enough

> If the test results are not okay: - should I start a new issue
> (referencing to the old issue), or should I add a comment to the
> issue?

add a comment and reopen the issue