Quantcast

Firebird ODBC 2.0.2.153 with Excel 2007

Steve Boyd
When trying to retrieve data into Excel from a Firebird 2.5 database using the Firebird ODBC driver V2.0.2.153 I get an error after I click OK on the Import Data dialogue. The error is:

Dynamic SQL error
SQL error code = -104
Unknown token Line 1 column 27 '.'

Since this clearly had something to do with the SELECT statement I tried clicking the Properties button on the Import Data dialogue. The SELECT statement generated by Excel is as follows:

Select * from "Operations"."Accounts"

where Operations in the ODBC data source name.

The Firebird ODBC driver apparently doesn't like this very much since removing "Operations". from the query gets everything working. While this bit of manual command editing doesn't bother me overly much it would be a big issue to end users who are trying to pull their data into a spreadsheet.

Is there any chance that this peculiar SQL syntax could be recognized by the ODBC driver?

Thanks

Re: Firebird ODBC 2.0.2.153 with Excel 2007

Alexander Potapchenko-2
Hi Steve,

It is a bug in the Firebird ODBC driver. Create issue in the bug tracker http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC please.

On 11.11.2013 23:23, Steve Boyd wrote:
[...]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ November Webinars for C, C++, Fortran Developers Accelerate application performance with scalable programming models. Explore techniques for threading, error checking, porting, and tuning. Get the most from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60136231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Alexander Potapchenko
Team leader
LASP Technologies, http://www.lasptech.ru

Re: Firebird ODBC 2.0.2.153 with Excel 2007

Steve Boyd
That fixed it. Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I assume that this will get released as an installer image at some point?

On 13.11.2013 0:50, Steve Boyd wrote:
That fixed it. Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I assume that this will get released as an installer image at some point?
Of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DreamFactory - Open Source REST & JSON Services for HTML5 & Native Apps OAuth, Users, Roles, SQL, NoSQL, BLOB Storage and External API Access Free app hosting. Or install the open source package on any LAMP server. Sign up and see examples for AngularJS, jQuery, Sencha Touch and Native! http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63469471&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk