Embedding 3.x into a Windows/Mac .NET Application

Embedding 3.x into a Windows/Mac .NET Application

Dominique Louis
Hi All,
  I used FireBird as a stand alone Desktop DB many years ago and would like to use it again now in a new project.

I'm trying to find information about embedding the latest 3.x release into my Desktop Application on Windows and Mac. I plan to use C#/.NET and share as much of the data access layer as possible.

I found http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/ufb-cs-embedded.html, but was unable to find fbembed.dll in any of the zip files or installations for 3.x, so am unsure if this documentation is up to date or not.

Can anyone provide links or information about best practises with the above in mind?

Thanks,

D.