Decision matrix...

Nigel Weeks-2
Decision matrix...

As it's frequently asked which version of FB to use on which platform, would it be a good idea to put it somewhere REALLY OBVIOUS on the official firebird site?

I'll gladly pop one into the q004.dat file(if I had access), as the IBPhoenix document is actually quite obsure about saying SS doesn't perform on multi-CPU machines.

A tiny table, with a clear layout, and people will choose the right architecture the first time…

Can I, can I?

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support & Systems Developer
[hidden email]
www.examiner.com.au
71 - 75 Paterson Street
Launceston
Tasmania 7250
Australia
Phone: 03 6336 7234

Re: Decision matrix...

firebirdlists
At 02:45 PM 20/09/2005 +1000, you wrote:

>As it's frequently asked which version of FB to use on which platform,
>would it be a good idea to put it somewhere REALLY OBVIOUS on the official
>firebird site?
>
>I'll gladly pop one into the q004.dat file(if I had access), as the
>IBPhoenix document is actually quite obsure about saying SS doesn't
>perform on multi-CPU machines.
>
>A tiny table, with a clear layout, and people will choose the right
>architecture the first time&
>
>Can I, can I?

Sure.  Send me the matrix and I'll load it into the FAQ.

Helen