Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

LtColRDSChauhan
Hi,

1. I have a Firebird-2.5.5.26952_0_Win32 database which I backed up (using Flamerobin) after renaming RDB$FIELD_NAME field values in the system table RDB$FIELDS of the source database as under:

'SEC$USER_NAME' to 'SEC$USER_NAME_RAJIV'
'SEC$NAME_PART' to 'SEC$NAME_PART_RAJIV'
2. I installed Firebird-3.0.0.32483_2_Win32 on Windows 10 with Legacy Authentication. Using Flamerobin I restored the Firebird 2.5.5 FBK file.

3. The Flamerobin connects to the Firebird 3.0 restored file but my .NET application (Provider .NET 4.10) fails to connect.

Please advise.
Regards,
Rajiv

Re: Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

Norbert Saint Georges-2
LtColRDSChauhan a écrit :

>  Hi,
>
> 1. I have a Firebird-2.5.5.26952_0_Win32 database which I backed up (using
> Flamerobin) after renaming RDB$FIELD_NAME field values in the system table
> RDB$FIELDS of the source database as under:
>
> 'SEC$USER_NAME' to 'SEC$USER_NAME_RAJIV'
> 'SEC$NAME_PART' to 'SEC$NAME_PART_RAJIV'
> 2. I installed Firebird-3.0.0.32483_2_Win32 on Windows 10 with Legacy
> Authentication. Using Flamerobin I restored the Firebird 2.5.5 FBK file.
>
> 3. The Flamerobin connects to the Firebird 3.0 restored file but my .NET
> application (Provider .NET 4.10) fails to connect.
>
> Please advise.
> Regards,
> Rajiv

your .NET application is 64-bit, have you installed the 64 of
fbclient.dll?

--
Norbert Saint Georges
http://tetrasys.fi

Re: Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

Mark Rotteveel-2
On 24-4-2016 09:16, LtColRDSChauhan wrote:
> 1. I have a Firebird-2.5.5.26952_0_Win32 database which I backed up
> (using Flamerobin) after renaming RDB$FIELD_NAME field values in the
> system table RDB$FIELDS of the source database as under:
>
> 'SEC$USER_NAME' to 'SEC$USER_NAME_RAJIV'
> 'SEC$NAME_PART' to 'SEC$NAME_PART_RAJIV'

Why did you do this?

> 2. I installed Firebird-3.0.0.32483_2_Win32 on Windows 10 with Legacy
> Authentication. Using Flamerobin I restored the Firebird 2.5.5 FBK file.
>
> 3. The Flamerobin connects to the Firebird 3.0 restored file but my .NET
> application (Provider .NET 4.10) fails to connect.

What error do you get? Did you explicitly create a Legacy_Auth user?
What config does your firebird.conf have for the settings AuthServer,
WireCrypt, and UserManager

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Re: Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

LtColRDSChauhan
>>On 24-4-2016 09:16, LtColRDSChauhan wrote:
>>1. I have a Firebird-2.5.5.26952_0_Win32 database which I backed up
>>(using Flamerobin) after renaming RDB$FIELD_NAME field values in the
>>system table RDB$FIELDS of the source database as under:
>
>>'SEC$USER_NAME' to 'SEC$USER_NAME_RAJIV'
>>'SEC$NAME_PART' to 'SEC$NAME_PART_RAJIV'
>Why did you do this?
1. On restoring the 2.5 back up to 3.0 the following error was reported :- Connecting to server localhost... Database restore started 10:06:51 gbak:opened file C:\HMS_29Apr2016_09_20_25.GBK gbak:transportable backup -- data in XDR format gbak: backup file is compressed gbak:backup version is 9 gbak:created database D:\HMS_2015_09_25\AppHMS\HMSFireBird\HMS.FDB, page_size 16384 bytes gbak:started transaction gbak:restoring domain SEC$GID gbak:restoring domain SEC$NAME_PART Database restore canceled 10:06:53 due to IBPP exception: *** IBPP::SQLException *** Context: ServiceImpl::Wait Message: isc_service_query failed SQL Message : -803 Invalid insert or update value(s): object columns are constrained - no 2 table rows can have duplicate column values Engine Code : 335544665 Engine Message : violation of PRIMARY or UNIQUE KEY constraint "RDB$INDEX_2" on table "RDB$FIELDS" Problematic key value is ("RDB$FIELD_NAME" = 'SEC$NAME_PART') Exiting before completion due to errors 2. Some months back, to my post in Firebird Support Vlad had advised the following:- there is already a field name SEC$NAME_PART in ODS12 system tables. You should rename your field\domain in source database in order to restore it in FB3.” 3. Fresh restore attempt reported the error as a Para 1 above, now for SEC$USER_NAME.
>>2. I installed Firebird-3.0.0.32483_2_Win32 on Windows 10 with Legacy >>Authentication. Using Flamerobin I restored the Firebird 2.5.5 FBK file. > >>3. The Flamerobin connects to the Firebird 3.0 restored file but my .NET >>application (Provider .NET 4.10) fails to connect. >What error do you get?
Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login. >Did you explicitly create a Legacy_Auth user? No. Now created as under (this was advised by you to my post during Firebird 3 Alpha 1 days !!): E:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0>gsec -user SYSDBA -password masterkey *** gsec is deprecated, will be removed soon *** GSEC> modify sysdba -pw newPassword >What config does your firebird.conf have for the settings AuthServer, WireCrypt, and UserManager AuthServer = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi WireCrypt = enabled UserManager = Legacy_UserManager, Srp After creating a Legacy_Auth user explicitly as hinted by you .NET Provider log in worked. Here I have given all details you have
asked for with a request  of adding notes where ever possible to help understand the Firebird 3.0 security including support to legacy authentication.

Many thanks, Mark!!

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM, LtColRDSChauhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
asked for with a request  of adding notes where ever possible to help understand the Firebird 3.0 security including support to legacy authentication.

Mark,
Could trace your:
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/jaybird/wiki/Jaybird-and-Firebird-3
It covers everything except for SEC$USER_NAME, SEC$NAME_PART.

On 29-4-2016 08:26, LtColRDSChauhan wrote:
> Mark,
> Could trace your:
> https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/jaybird/wiki/Jaybird-and-Firebird-3
> It covers everything except for SEC$USER_NAME, SEC$NAME_PART.

As far as I know doing things for SEC$USER_NAME, SEC$NAME_PART should
not be necessary for 'normal' Firebird 2.5 database upgraded to Firebird
3. It seems very specific for your database or maybe if you downgraded a
Firebird 3 database to 2.5 and then back to 3 (?).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Re: Connection to Firebird 3 With Legacy Authentication Fails

LtColRDSChauhan
Subject: Re: [Firebird-net-provider] Connection to Firebird 3 With
        Legacy Authentication Fails
To: "For users and developers of the Firebird .NET providers"
        <[hidden email]>

On 29-4-2016 08:26, LtColRDSChauhan wrote:
> Mark,
> Could trace your:
> https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/jaybird/wiki/Jaybird-and-Firebird-3
> It covers everything except for SEC$USER_NAME, SEC$NAME_PART.

As far as I know doing things for SEC$USER_NAME, SEC$NAME_PART should
not be necessary for 'normal' Firebird 2.5 database upgraded to Firebird
3. It seems very specific for your database or maybe if you downgraded a
Firebird 3 database to 2.5 and then back to 3 (?).

Mark

You are correct, Mark.
Thanks a lot.
Rajiv