Connect From Windows to Firebird on Mac

Ferry Nugraha
Hi there,

Can you please tell me if it is possible to use Firebird's ODBC Driver for connecting from Windows remotely to Firebird instance on Mac, and if so what would the settings be ?

I intend to create some data extracts that run on a Windows machine where the ODBC Driver is installed (Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bit) to consolidate data from a few Firebird 2.1 databases on a few Mac machines.

I've tried connection string in the following format without success (error message: Open database '<connection string>' failed).
I've tried with and without the port number.

<IP Address>/3050:/Users/<Actual File Path>/<Database File>.fdb

I've tested the same connection string as above from a FlameRobin application on the same Windows server and it is able to remote connect successfully to the Firebird on Mac, browse tables, etc.

Thanks,
Ferry