Bad or unnecessary error message or what?

Bad or unnecessary error message or what?

Gabor Boros-3
Hi All,

I experienced the below messages with my application but can reproduce
with two IBExpert instances. I have a function in the database: CREATE
FUNCTION SF_TEST RETURNS BOOLEAN AS BEGIN RETURN TRUE; END; Connect with
the first IBExpert instance execute SELECT SF_TEST() FROM RDB$DATABASE
then commit the transaction. Start the second IBExpert instance and
execute ALTER FUNCTION SF_TEST RETURNS BOOLEAN AS BEGIN RETURN TRUE; and
got the below "Unsuccessful execution.." error message.
The empty object name is wrong or the object name is empty because an
unnecessary error raised. I don't understand why the ALTER not working
an who use the object. Found CORE-3108 in the same subject, I think.
Cannot reproduce with isql but I am not an isql expert. ;-) I use 3.0.2
SS. IBExpert use isc_tpb_read_committed, isc_tpb_rec_version,
isc_tpb_nowait transaction parameters.

http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-3108

"Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude
successful execution of subsequent statements.
lock conflict on no wait transaction.
unsuccessful metadata update.
object PROCEDURE "" is in use."

"Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude
successful execution of subsequent statements.
lock conflict on no wait transaction.
unsuccessful metadata update.
object FUNCTION "" is in use."

Gabor