Quantcast

AutoAdminImplementationMapping

Jiří Činčura-2
Hello,

if I execute "alter role rdb$admin set auto admin mapping;" using
embedded connection in Firebird 3, the database then contains this
(extracted using isql):

CREATE MAPPING "AutoAdminImplementationMapping" USING PLUGIN "Win_Sspi"
FROM "Predefined_Group" DOMAIN_ANY_RID_ADMINS TO ROLE RDB$ADMIN;

What's that? Why there's Win_Sspi?

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Re: AutoAdminImplementationMapping

Alex Peshkoff
On 05/09/17 21:18, Jiří Činčura wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if I execute "alter role rdb$admin set auto admin mapping;" using
> embedded connection in Firebird 3, the database then contains this
> (extracted using isql):
>
> CREATE MAPPING "AutoAdminImplementationMapping" USING PLUGIN "Win_Sspi"
> FROM "Predefined_Group" DOMAIN_ANY_RID_ADMINS TO ROLE RDB$ADMIN;
>
> What's that? Why there's Win_Sspi?

Sorry for late answer - some letters were delayed by too active spam
filter @mail.ru.

Since FB3 admin role mapping actually means creation of mapping for
win_sspi authentication plugin. Old form 'alter role rdb$admin set/drop
auto admin mapping' is supported in FB3 and sooner of all will stay
supported in FB4 but internally it's result can't be distiguished from
mapping creation.