Quantcast

An uncommitted select of the new pseudo table sec$users (CORE-2639) seems to block new database connections

An uncommitted select of the new pseudo table sec$users (CORE-2639) seems to block new database connections

Robbert-Jan
Hi,

Testing WI-T3.0.0.30566 Firebird 3.0 Alpha 1 on Windows XP.

An uncommitted select of the new pseudo table sec$users (CORE-2639) seems to block new database connections.

Test situation:

session 1:

connect to test database
start transaction
select * from sec$users
(do *not* commit)

session 2:

connect to test database => results in sql error –902; engine code 335544472 Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

I have tested this with FlameRobin using all isolation modes for the transaction in session 1 (concurrency, dirty read, read committed and consistency) and the error occurs in all circumstances.

The error can easily be avoided using short running transaction, but if the error occurs it can be confusing (it says ‘user name and password’ not set up, what actually is not the case).

I’m new in testing and tracking. Should I post an issue in Jira?

Kind regard,
Robert
NL