Aliases not working

Paul Dryden-2

For some reason on my system aliases don't work. Now I have to go into each app and change the alias to the actual path name. Any reason or solution for this?

Paul Dryden, University of Utah

Re: Aliases not working

Mark Rotteveel-2
On 18-5-2016 19:23, Paul Dryden wrote:
> Forsome reason on my system aliases don't work. Now I have to go into
> each app and change the alias to the actual path name. Any reason or
> solution for this?

This sounds like a question that should be posted to firebird-support
instead. Did you by any chance upgrade to Firebird 3? In Firebird 3
aliases.conf no longer exists, it was replaced by databases.conf (see
http://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/release_notes/html/en/3_0/rnfb30-compat-aliasesconf.html)

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

On 5-6-2016 02:47, Paul Dryden wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try Firebird 3. It's affordable.

My question was a troubleshooting question, not a solution to your
problem (as it stands, I'm not sure what your problem is!)

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel