Access odbc firebird

gmisterk

Hi everybody,

I use firebird odbc (last version) and try to connect by MsAccess 2016

My database is on a network shared folder, but i can't connect  to it by \\IP\shared\database\file.FDB

I have got a Message : ERROR : Connection failed : unable to complete network request, failed to etablish a connection

do you have a idea for this problem ?

Regards

gmisk

Re: Access odbc firebird

Dimitry Sibiryakov-3
08.11.2016 11:35, [hidden email] wrote:
> do you have a idea for this problem ?

   Yes: you must have Firbird server running on the host where database is.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: Access odbc firebird

gmisterk
Hi thanks you for your response.

Firebird server is running on the same host where database is. (IP :
192.168.1.1)
but MSAccess client who want to make a odbc link are in the network (IP :
192.168.1.5)

>From (IP : 192.168.1.5) in MsAccess i try to make a link connection by odbc
driver but without success.
the path are correct and the database is present
I don't understand

08.11.2016 12:16, [hidden email] wrote:
> the path are correct and the database is present
> I don't understand

   Something may block named pipes. Try to use TCP/IP connection string.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: Access odbc firebird

gmisterk
I have installed firebird in local machine but the FDB file is on network
shared folder

Strange......

08.11.2016 12:41, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have installed firebird in local machine but the FDB file is on network
> shared folder

   Firebird cannot work with databases on network folders.

--
   WBR, SD.

Re: Access odbc firebird

gmisterk
? tcip/IP string  ? what do you mean ?
it like \\192.168.1.1\sharedfolder\data\file.FDB ?

08.11.2016 12:50, [hidden email] wrote:
> ? tcip/IP string  ? what do you mean ?
> it like \\192.168.1.1\sharedfolder\data\file.FDB ?

   It like is written in Firebird Quick Start Guide and Language Reference.

--
   WBR, SD.