Quantcast

32-Bit Connection not working on 64-Bit system

32-Bit Connection not working on 64-Bit system

cwilkins

I’m using version 2.0.3.154 of the Firebird Driver

On 32-Bit systems, we have a connection string formatted as  ‘IP Address:D:\Fishbowl Directory\database\data\Database.FDB”.   This connection string works perfectly.

On 64-Bit systems:

·         if I use the 64-Bit Driver and the 64-Bit ODBC (C:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe) – the connection works great.

·         If I use the 32-Bit Driver and the 32-Bit ODBC (C:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe) – I get an error that “Open database ‘connection string’ failed”

I MUST use a 32-Bit connection on the 64-Bit computers because I’m using an integration between Fishbowl and UPS WorldShip.    UPS WorldShip will only recognize 32-bit ODBC connections.

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck