3.0.2 "leaking" memory while 2.5.7 is fine

3.0.2 "leaking" memory while 2.5.7 is fine

Jiří Činčura-2
Hi *,

I have a pretty simple code that only creates a transaction, executes
statement, commits and releases the transaction and releases the
statement. All in a loop. On Firebird 2.5.7 x64 the memory consumption
of Firebird is rock steady. On 3.0.2 x64 is keeps growing.

It might be that I'm not releasing .NET provider something in a way
Firebird now expects. It would be nice to know what. :) All I know is
that if I release the statement before the commit and release of
transaction, it's fine. But that's obviously something different, as I
can't then reuse the statement again, if needed.

I created a simple app
(http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/LIJ7F27KD62EHGRE-YL3/) for Windows
(win10-x64) and Linux (ubuntu.16-04-x64) that does the above described
steps in an infinite loop (creates foobar.fdb in server's default
location, using sysdba/masterkey credentials).

Could somebody have a look? Or guess what I might try?

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Re: 3.0.2 "leaking" memory while 2.5.7 is fine

Vlad Khorsun-2
04.04.2017 11:39, Jiří Činčura wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> I have a pretty simple code that only creates a transaction, executes
> statement, commits and releases the transaction and releases the
> statement. All in a loop. On Firebird 2.5.7 x64 the memory consumption
> of Firebird is rock steady. On 3.0.2 x64 is keeps growing.
>
> It might be that I'm not releasing .NET provider something in a way
> Firebird now expects. It would be nice to know what. :) All I know is
> that if I release the statement before the commit and release of
> transaction, it's fine. But that's obviously something different, as I
> can't then reuse the statement again, if needed.
>
> I created a simple app
> (http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/LIJ7F27KD62EHGRE-YL3/) for Windows
> (win10-x64) and Linux (ubuntu.16-04-x64) that does the above described
> steps in an infinite loop (creates foobar.fdb in server's default
> location, using sysdba/masterkey credentials).
>
> Could somebody have a look? Or guess what I might try?

   Could you, please, test today's snapshot build of fb4 ? It contains
fix for CORE-5416 which looks exactly as you describe above. Or wait
for tomorrow's snapshot build of fb3 (i plan to backport the fix today).

Regards,
Vlad

Re: 3.0.2 "leaking" memory while 2.5.7 is fine

Jiří Činčura-2
>    Could you, please, test today's snapshot build of fb4 ? It contains
> fix for CORE-5416 which looks exactly as you describe above. Or wait
> for tomorrow's snapshot build of fb3 (i plan to backport the fix today).

OK, will try it tomorrow.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/

Re: 3.0.2 "leaking" memory while 2.5.7 is fine

Jiří Činčura-2
>    Could you, please, test today's snapshot build of fb4 ? It contains
> fix for CORE-5416 which looks exactly as you describe above. Or wait
> for tomorrow's snapshot build of fb3 (i plan to backport the fix today).

Works fine with FB3 snapshot build. Fix, at least this case, confirmed.
:)

05.04.2017 9:56, Jiří Činčura wrote:
>>    Could you, please, test today's snapshot build of fb4 ? It contains
>> fix for CORE-5416 which looks exactly as you describe above. Or wait
>> for tomorrow's snapshot build of fb3 (i plan to backport the fix today).
>
> Works fine with FB3 snapshot build. Fix, at least this case, confirmed.
> :)

   Thanks !

Vlad